Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Grievance by a KSRTC Customer

Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation is doing a good job compared to many other states in India by providing adequate bus facilities. Still there can be some bitter experience for passengers, as well as for the staffs from passengers. Let me describe my bitter experience with Karnataka State RTC.

The irony is that, I faced the bitter experience just after reading a set of rules and regulations for the bus drivers and conductors of Karnataka State RTC displayed for the public. I went through the golden rules which helps the customer to have a comfortable journey as well as helps in the making the brand name of KSRTC; while I was standing in the queue to get a ticket in a Mysore – Bangalore bus from Mysore KSRTC bus stand. I got into the bus at 7:30pm of 4th March 2007 and the bus reached Bangalore almost by 10:00 Pm. When the bus reached near RV College of Engineering, I requested the drive to provide a stop. But he refused to do the same, arguing that there is no stop at there. He may be right. But I have seen in many KSRTC bus a written sign board saying that “on request bus stop will be provided in city limits at night time for long route buses”. I pleaded saying that I am not good in Kannada, and if I get down at Bangalore satellite town bus stand, then I have to catch an auto and come back and it will cost double or more the actual fare.


Given above is the copy of the complaint I lodged against the driver of the bus. My address and signature is hidden for security reasons. I noted down the registration number while getting down, the name of the bus driver was not displayed in his badge. The rules I read from Mysore also said that the staffs of KSRTC are supposed to wear their badges which displays their name. The station master received my complaint and acknowledged it. (You can see the seal and signature in blue on the above picture.) Now let me wait and see whether they will take any actions.

The driver was not ready to hear me and he stopped the bus only at satellite bus stand – on the way to majestic. Later I had to catch an auto which cost me 100 Rupees for just 7 kilometers apart from the problem of arguing with the rickshaw driver to fix a fare. (I guess most of my readers are aware of the pain of getting a rickshaw to the wanted destination in a reasonable fare)

2 comments: