Thursday, March 08, 2007

Wildlife from Thirunelli


Begur wildlife sanctuary is a well protected place providing a safe place for the wild animals to lead a human-interference-free life. If you travel through any one of the way which goes around this wild life sanctuary, there is a high probability of spotting a wild animal on the way. Along with the pleasure of seeing a wild animal in its nature habitat, there is always the danger of them attacking you too.


I got these pictures as well as the pictures posted in two recent posts, while bike rides towards Thirunelli and Nagarhola. “Inji-Baby chettan” gave me company during these rides. In the above picture of the elephant you can spot a swollen region on his back. It is an injury; the after effect of a gun attack of poachers. Like I have already mentioned, the laws need to be implemented in a better way, so that wild animals as well as their habitat are well protected from humans and cattle.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Rads..

    I was about to stay there a little bit more time to get better pictures of the elephant, then some of the Jeep drivers who came on the way warned me that the particular elephant is known for chasing humans, be careful!.

    So I gave up.
    --Deepu George V

    ReplyDelete
  2. you could have takan a snap with that elephant.. means togather..
    (kidding).

    Great work da..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah.. I asked him to come and stand with me for a snap, but he was shy to come out of the forest.

    ReplyDelete