Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Chethalayam Waterfalls - Sulthan Bathery


On the way to Sulthan Bathery from Pulpally, I have seen the sign board of Chethalayam waterfalls many times. In hope of seeing a beautiful waterfall, I reached this place, which is very near to Sulthan Bathery, but inside the jungle. I was pretty disappointed on reaching this place. There was no much water left in the month of March. A very small stream gushed down on the rocks.

My advice: Don’t go there, it is not so great.

I believe that the waterfall may be much more beautiful to be viewed during the monsoon season. But visiting a waterfall during a monsoon season possesses a lot of dangers. More over the 2 kilometers walk through the forest during the rainy season can get you a lot of leach bites. Any way the 2 kilometer distance from the main road towards Chethalayam falls through the forest is very nice, with lot of grass lands in between filled with very big mango trees and a lot of other trees.


The above picture is of a big tree very near to the waterfalls. It may be a few hundred years old.

4 comments:

  1. My advice: Don’t go there, it is not so great.

    Please dont say like this.
    There will be people who likes to trek and go there during Mansoon.
    So that we can see water also.

    check this pic in the link

    http://www.surfindia.com/travel/kerala/chethalayam-falls-wayanad.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rocky,
    Thanks for the comment.

    I agree with you that what I have written is a negative statement. But still I don't see any possibility of Chethalayam water fall becoming like what described in the link given by you. I feel its a false picture.

    But any way, I will try to reach this place during a monsoon season. The place is very near to my house.

    --Deepu George V

    ReplyDelete