Saturday, August 07, 2004

My Passion for Guitar





In my childhood my brother used to listen to western music and I also got interested in it, especially pop songs. Slowly I began to think of being a guitarist. When I was in 7th standard my father arranged a person to come to our home and teach me guitar. His name was Johny and he taught me the basics of Guitar. Later, continued my guitar lessons from Baby Kallingal, who is a professional guitarist.



During the time, I started playing guitar in functions conducted in my school. By the time I reached the age of 18 I went to many masters for guitar lessons. Apart from Mr. Johny and Mr. Baby who taught me basics of guitar lessons, Mr. Chinmayananda, Mr Saju,
Mr. Benny and Mr. Thej became my guitar teacher. All of them taught me different styles. I learned the Indian karnatic style, Spanish accoustic guitar style, western style and western classical finger plucking style from these masters.



When I joined my B. Tech degree programme, I stopped learning guitar from my masters and started self learning. I used to play guitar in the choir troop in my dioces and neighbouring dioces during that time.



Now, its a pure hobby for me. I spent atleast half an hour with my guitar daily and really enjoy it. When ever I am alone, or feeling lazy in my home, I will start playing guitar and then my mind will get refreshed.

2 comments:

  1. Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeps, no comments on this post so far, n am lucky enough to post the first:) FIrst of all, i want to tell u that the picture bobbed up or can say conjured up school days meories... THose faded sketches of *the boy with a guitar*.........

    Glad to find a person years n years after.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. After more than two years I am getting a comment on this.
    I cannot believe this.
    Any way great thanks for digging into such an old post from my blog.
    I think I should change this picture. :-)
    --Deepu George V

    ReplyDelete