Wednesday, May 11, 2005

The Story of the 25 Paise in My Wallet

I am hopeless.
I walked aimlessly.
I am too hungry.
The sky is cloudy.
The sun is already set.
The twilight mood added my anxiety.
I reached a big play ground.
A small boy is playing alone at the far end of the ground.
I walked towards him.
He is throwing a small coin as high as possible again and again.
I asked him to hand over the coin.
He stopped playing.
His face turned sad.
He started stepping back.
I got the coin from him forcefully.
He started crying.
He ran away crying and looked back at me 2 or 3 times.
It is a 25 paisa coin.


Now it is night.
I am sleeping under a big banyan tree.
The crying face of the child flashed repeatedly in my mind.
I felt sad.


The next day I went to the same ground a little bit early, lots of kids were playing there.
The coin is still in my pocket.
I couldn’t find the boy.
I waited till it was dark.
I went to the same place the next day also.
I went there many times.
Never again I was able to find the boy playing there.
Oh! God, how can I give the coin back?

Years passed by.
Still the crying face of the child is in my mind.
The coin is still in my wallet.

4 comments:

  1. This story was in my mind from my child hood. I don't know who tole me this. But If I am correct, it is my brother.

    Dear Prabha and Sunitha, thanks for the comments

    ReplyDelete
  2. give me back my 25 paise +interest..total amount now: 12444444.67

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete