Thursday, May 19, 2005

Unbroken Rules of Animal Kingdom

As I wrote in one of my previous post in this web log, I love climbing very high locations like hills and mountains and spend a lot of time there, simply watching the sky, the valley and nearby mountains. Let me describe one of the strange things I noticed about the dense forests, during my visits to Kurisumala in Wayanad. Previous post about trekking through Kurisumala and pictures

I saw round patches stretching on an average of 2 or 3 acres here and there in the dense forests without any trees or tall vegetations. These places are covered with green grass. I wondered why trees are not growing in these areas, for the surrounding places are covered with big trees, and the sun rays won’t touch the ground even at noon time.

First I thought that the phenomenon was due to the geography of the specific location. But my further inspection found that there was no any difference between the green patches and the surrounding locations with dense vegetation. During one of my visit to Kurisumala with my friend Rajesh, I asked him about this. He described me about the wonderful rules of nature.

If there is only dense forest, without enough plain grounds with grass, many animals won’t survive. Animals like deer, elephant, and other grass eating creatures need these green patches for their survival. Rajesh told me that he has watched many times, elephants and other grass eating animals moving towards these open areas in the jungle during the time of heavy rain and wind. Otherwise they may get seriously hurt by the falling trees and other actions of the wind and rain. And these green patches are essential for the mazing animals for their food. So these green patches are vital for the survival of the animals. And strangely, there will be green patches in all the forests around the world, without any specific reasons. Wonderful!!!! This is another miracle of the creator.

And he described one of the amazing rules of the Jungle. That is 'the animals won’t attack each other for food or anything while drinking water'. We can see predators like lion, tiger and other animals like zebra, deer etc drinking water from the same pond or lake. These kinds of rules are never broken in the jungle. There are many strange rules in the animal kingdom, that human can’t understand and can’t follow.

1 comment:

  1. Well, hello there.

    There are other mandarin speaking countries outside of China eh;)

    Or is my english that terrible that you concluded so. lol

    Anyway, i'm from Singapore and am just too plain lazy (as with most Singaporeans) to type in proper english.

    Interesting blog you've got here eh. Mine's more for recording every (most) thought that flows through my mind.

    Hence it's illogical flow.

    Cheerz

    ReplyDelete