Thursday, August 24, 2006

Small things are beautiful


The picture was taken during my last visit to my home town – Payyampally. It was heavily raining through out for one week and rivers where flooding. In this year’s monsoon, it is the third time we getting heavy rain and flood. I love monsoon, especially the heavily raining days, and this picture perfectly reminds me about such days I enjoyed in my life. On that day, the rain stopped for a while in the afternoon, and sun shined for two or three minutes. But it was the starting of another heavy rain for hours. The sky remained heavily clouded – like about to rain just after that – which is a usual phenomenon during the monsoon. Water drops were hanging from leaves of all plants and trees. The above picture is of a drop of water, yet to fall from the leave of the tree which many people call – ‘Devadaru’. Actually, the tree is not that one and has got some other name. The real Devadaru which also appears in the Hindu epics is a completely different shaped tree.

Monsoon of Kerala is a royal one which every Keralites would have experienced at least once in their life time. Those who are staying away from Kerala will love to come back to Kerala and experience it again, even though Keralites curse the heavy rain during the monsoon, since people will almost not able to get out of their home. Now, after staying more than two years away from Kerala, I started loving the climate and atmosphere of Kerala too much. I always want to go back to my sweet home. I cannot say that this feeling is some kind of home sickness. It is more than that.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the wonderful Monsoon! I do miss these heavy rains. I always walk back my time machine to rerun the rains in my mind....

    ReplyDelete