Thursday, August 10, 2006

The Arial View


The above picture was taken while I was traveling from Chennai to Kozhikode along with my mother on 1st of August 2006. The flight started at 1:30 from Chennai, took 45 minutes to reach Trichi, 30 minutes later we started to Kozhikode and reached there within another 45 minutes. For my mother, it was the first journey by flight and I made sure she got a window seat. We watched the landscape below, and noticed that the color of the earth changed gradually from mud red to green as we neared Kerala, and we noticed that the land below was completely green when we were about to land at Karipur airport. My mother commended on this that, the words “God’s Own Country” to decorate Kerala is truly matching with the State's landscape. While the flight was at Trichi airport, with the permission of the crew captain, I entered the cockpit of the aircraft for the first time in my life. I just watched the various controls over there, and I was excited to see everything in front of my eye which I saw only in movies before that, when the captain described how things work. My brother Babu came to pick us from the airport and we traveled to Wayanad. After a long one week stay at Chennai's hot climate, when my mother reached back home Wayanad, she was feeling pretty relaxed.

4 comments:

  1. As i know kerala was referred first as "Gods own country" by a foreign travel agency.. and later adopted by kerala toursim,,

    i read it somewhere, but i fogot the reference..

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi deepu have alook on this

    http://jace.livejournal.com/412431.html

    dileep tom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deepus,
    Even i had quiet a few flight travels now a days.. Everything official..... so enjoying as lot with company money..............

    Regards,
    Bestson

    ReplyDelete