Thursday, March 17, 2005

Can I Be A Child Again?

When I was a child, everything seems to be complete. Complete in the sense, suppose I am playing something like pretending to be a cab driver, or pretending to be flying in an airplane with a toy airplane or some kind of silly things in my hand as the aircraft and immitating the sound of the cab or the aircraft, I felt like I was indeed flying an aircraft, or the taxicab. Whatever I was doing then, my mind was completely satisfied with it. I might be playing with a small football or something in my courtyard, alone, but my mind was satisfied with my own world.

As we grow older, it will become difficult to satisfy our mind. A 15 year boy or a grown up man, can never get the feeling that he is controlling a plane by playing with a toy. And if he or she is feeling the completeness in doing like that in an older stage of life, others will mark the human being as mad. Does it mean that, being satisfied with what we are means that are we mad!!!!! Or if a human being can never be satisfied with what he is doing, then is he a normal man???

A beautiful painting done by a small kid will be complete for him. If the kid draw a house, and the surroundings, with some domestic animals around, chimney at the top of the house, some trees near the house, a rainbow in the sky, a few birds flying in the sky, some distant mountains, some fussy clouds in the sky, it is perfect for him or her. But to an yelderly human, the picture may seems to be having broken lines, may not be perspectively correct, the ratio between the objects cannot be real, the color may not be perfect, the 3D may not be correct and a lot of things not correct.

Now I feel nostalgia about my childhood. Everyone wishes to be a perfect man or a perfect women. But as we grow up, we are becoming more imperfect. We were perfect in our childhood. I love remembering my childhood days. When can I become a child again? Jesus loved children very much. Every one likes to play with kids and every one will act like a kid when they are extremely happy. So, be a perfect child, love children, act like them atleast when you are alone.

2 comments:

  1. An excellent blog Deepu. I very much like your mix of pictures and content.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post.

    I've been thinking a lot about my childhood lately. I think it's because my children are growing (daughter will be 16 soon, son just turned 13), and I miss their childhood as well as my own. Thinking of them playing together in my daydreams brings me back, full circle, to my own childhood--my brother and I playing together, climbing trees.

    I've had a fear of death for a long time, and have been learing to deal with that, much thanks to budhhist ideals and the far-east mindset of life and death.

    A dear friend of mine recently said he is not afraid of death--never has been. He says we've already experienced that--before we were born. That it is the same. That made sense to me and eased my mind a bit. I'm working on that concept.

    I am practicing living in the now, being happy with what is in front of me. Smiling and enjoying the green grass and budding trees. Others rush around me and I wish they could have a new perspective at that moment so they could share the sunset with me.

    The closest I can come to that very peaceful and happy feeling of the childhood dream state is living the Now.

    Cheers.
    --Lydia

    ReplyDelete