Monday, October 16, 2006

A Rainbow in the Morning along with the Moon

Click To Enlarge
Morning welcomed us back to Bangalore with a pleasant sky after a long journey in bus back from Munnar. Just after reaching home and after a bath, I went outside to buy one packet of Milk. As usual I looked up at the sky to spot the moon, for I haven’t taken the picture of today’s moon. (This is project which is ongoing, will be in my blog within a couple of months, if the sky cooperates well). The pretty clear sky was really amazing with this semi circled rainbow, and the quarter phased moon. You can see the moon faded at the topmost border of the picture to the left after clicking and enlarging it. If the rainbow completed the circle, sun would have been outside the raibow circle, another strange fact! It would be nice to develop a technology to predict a rainbow, the location of it, the arch size of it and all. It is a difficult thing to take the picture of a rainbow in a clear sky. If I am not using the zoom, unwanted building tops would have ruined my picture, but after zooming a little bit in, the camera was not able to focus on anything, the rainbow is not a sharp subject for the camera to focus automatically. At last I put my camera in manual focus mode and turned the focus distance to some what near infinity and got this picture.

3 comments:

  1. i visited ur blog after a long time..!

    very interesting. wish u more more travels.. and for us more photo blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anoop for the comments. I also visited your blog after seeing the comments.

    Happy to know that you are the collegue of Shameer, owner of open -source.

    He was my class mate for B.Tech.

    Yeah, I was in Munnar this weekend.

    I will posting some photos from the trip very soon.

    Keep Blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today I found out that these upside down rainbows are actually called Circumzenithal Arc.
    Here is some beautiful pictures and description about the same in Optiocs Picture of the day (OPOD)
    http://www.atoptics.co.uk/fz705.htm

    ReplyDelete