Friday, September 15, 2006

Beauty of Peruvannamuzhi Dam and Hills


Peruvannamuzhi is situated in Kozhikode (Calicut) about 60Kms away from the district head quarters. I got a chance to drive along with my brother, through the nearby places where the back waters of the dam extends, last week while we were going to his wife house at Kallanode.

We started our journey from Wayanad and reached the place after driving down towards Calicut through the exotic Kuttiadi ghat section (Sahya ghat section or the Western ghat) covered with fog. We didn’t go the actual location of the dam, but got some nice views of the water storage area of the Peruvannamuzhi dam.

Panoramic view of the Peruvannamuzhi.

Behind the scene we can see the blue “Sahyaparvatham” tall and proud which plays an important role in controlling the climate of Kerala. The rainy season is not over and the effect of the same can be seen in the photos, the sky is grey with clouds and the nature is filled with rich green vegetation.

There is lots of picnic and trekking locations in Peruvannamuzhi which I wish to explore in the future. The beauty of this place adds to the statement “God’s Own Country”.

Some more pictures


3 comments:

  1. Hi Deepu,
    I was searching the web to get some help on Peruvannamuzi dam and its surrounding areas. I live currently in Washington DC and plan to visit Kozhikode next week. I grew up in Kozhikode city but never visited any of these beautiful places. What is your recomendation of how to spend a day (picnic) near the Peruvannamuzi dam area. You got some great pictures posted, thanks for posting them.
    Thanks, Jijo Antony

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deepu,
    sorry, I didn't leave you a contact email. My email is jijoantony@hotmail.com
    Thanks,
    Jijo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jijo,

    First of all, thanks for visiting my blog.

    I have replied to you in the mail id given above.

    I do not know much about Peruvannamuzhi Dam and the surroundings, I got these snaps on the way to my Sister's house.

    All The Best
    --Deepu George V

    ReplyDelete