Monday, December 22, 2008

Astronomical Photography – Exp 3


The three celestial objects; Venus, Jupiter & Moon had a close approach in the evening sky and the formation resembled a smiley. I was on the way back to home after office hours; there was not a tripod in my hand. Somehow I managed to get this photograph by placing the camera on top of my car. The 15 seconds exposure left a small trail of the three objects, which you can clearly see in the above picture. The evening was a little bit cloudy, and you can see those clouds also in the above picture. The brightest object other than Moon in the above picture is Venus, and then comes Jupiter.

4 comments:

  1. It is a beautiful photograph. It humbles one to think, that one is just a speck in this universe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lubna for the comments. Please visit again.

    I read your blog - Bookworm, and the review about Subroto Bagchi's "Go Kiss the World". I am happy to say that I am working in his software company.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I randomly came to your blog and i must say that you have a brilliant photographer and nature lover hidden in you... forget software engineering and take up photography professionally!!!
    u will do wonders......:)
    my ID is nishthaster@gmail.com

    Send me more of your work, if u would like to share.... i really like it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much for leaving the nice comments. Your comments made my day.

    I very much like to be a free-bird roaming around the nature and taking pictures, but it is not an easy decision :)

    I will definitely send links of all new photographic-posts that I make in my blog to your email id.

    Thanks once again,
    --Deepu George V

    ReplyDelete